Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mail An Egg

I am a festive person. Be it Christmas or National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day I like something to celebrate.
Since we have extended friends and family that live all over the county they get left out in the smaller, less commercial holidays. Usually that's alright but Easter is a big deal in my house. This is the day we celebrate our Lord and Savior and the sacrifice of himself to save us.

We always hide eggs and give sweet treats but what do you do for those that aren't local?
YOU MAIL EGGS OF COURSE!!


 When I heard of it I couldn't believe it. So I went to the post office and asked if plastic eggs could be mailed. Sure enough you can. There are a couple of things you need to do but they are simple enough.

1. Fill with whatever you like. I used jumbo eggs and put hard candy and little notes.

2. Tape closed with packing tape. NOT scotch tape! Scotch tape will not keep your egg closed

3. Put label on egg that has the delivery name and address and return name and address.
I recommend 3M labels 3100-D or Avery 5161 because they are thin and long.

4. You must leave room for postage.


That's all. Easy Peasy!! 

I hope you all have a very Happy Easter and may God Bless You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment