Tuesday, July 26, 2011

just thinking....

The ability to see a different perspective in retrospect is both a blessing and a curse at times. To live your life in the moment is something that I have never been able to grasp. I more relate to those that plan, do, and review. Occasionally my opinion of a situation changes with every step I get to. I plan for it to go one way, while doing it my opinion changes, then I wish I had done it differently once it is over. But Why? Why should I feel the need to change something? Why shouldn't I allow myself to live in the moment, to experience raw emotion and let it flow naturally.

Are the tides boxed away from the sands? NO. Is the air steered away from mountain side? NO. These are forces of nature and the relationships they have with their surroundings is why we have beautiful beaches, canyons, smooth rock walls, etc... BECAUSE these forces and their immovable counterparts have both remained true to themselves without compromise our world has splendors we now can not imagine being without.

This is not saying that values, etiquette, and good upbringing aren't a reason to hold your tongue because they absolutely are but when pressed between a rock and hard place do not wish to turn to dust and slip out of in between. Instead push back harder. Be that force. But be the force that maintains what's true and good. Then Do Not Waiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment